Good evening bloggers! As some of you may remember, a couple of months ago my lovely friend Grace nominated me for a Liebster Award. I was so happy; to think that anyone even reads your blog, never mind considers it any good, is always a lovely feeling. So you can imagine my excitement when, only a couple of hours ago, a wonderful blogger called Kristina from Croissants and Curls nominated me for another Liebster. I actually feel so flattered!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Awards, for anyone not in the know:
1. I am half English, half Irish.
2. I am the clumsiest person to ever walk the earth. If my managers charged me for every glass or plate I broke at work, I’d be owing them money!
3. I’ve lived in a total of nine different homes and I’m only 22.
4. I adore anything to do with Disney and I’m slowly collecting all of the classics on DVD.
5. I have a soft spot for 80s pop and hip-hop.
6. My maths skills are non-existent, to the point where I have to ask people to check basic sums for me.
7. In a nationwide aptitude test, I scored in the 99 percentile for spelling.
8. My long-term memory is vast. Don’t argue with me over past memories because I probably remember it better.
9. My bucket list holiday destination is St Petersburg.
10. I have spina bifida occulta. Sounds terrible but it does not affect my life in any way.
11. I’m officially wheat intolerant. Weh.
Ooof! Probably my Estée Lauder Double Wear, because I can always rely on it to make my skin look something not too far off decent!
If not St. Petersburg, probably Los Angeles or London.
Always, always clean off your make-up every night.
Black, my eyelashes are dark brown so black mascara gives them some depth.
Blush, because it’s the only one from the three that I wear everyday. You don’t really need lipstick or eyeshadow to avoid looking like the walking dead.
Matte all the way, baby.
Foundation and/or skincare. The rest can be bought inexpensively without compromising on quality.
Mascara and eyeliner. There are sooo many good budget options out there.
Tough one! I love NARS even though I don’t actually own many of their products. MAC and REN get honourable mentions.
Probably Rimmel; I love their Stay Matte Primer and Stay Matte pressed powder, and their lipsticks and nail polishes can be great value.
Overrated? MAC Studio Fix Foundation, without a doubt. Underrated is probably MAC’s Opulash Mascara; I rarely see it mentioned but it’s the best I’ve ever used.
1. What essentials do you look for in a foundation?
2. If you could only choose a primer OR a setting powder, which would it be?
3. Have you any secret budget beauty loves?
4. What is the largest amount of money you’ve ever spent on one piece of clothing?
5. Describe your sense of style in three words.
6. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
7. Are you a ‘Clothes out the night before’ kinda girl, or a ‘Crap, what’s clean?!’ kinda girl?
8. Three desert island beauty essentials.
9. Have you any style icons?
10. If you could interview anyone in the public eye, who would it be?
11. Do you prefer a statement eye or a bold lip… or both?
The Leo Beauty
The Edge of Beauty