I’m a little bit stunned myself!
Thanks to the lovely Annie over at Annie’s Beauty Blog, I’ve been nominated for a third Liebster Award! To say I’m flattered is an understatement, it really is so encouraging to know that people are enjoying the little bits and bobs that I’m blogging about. The whole point of Liebster Awards is to give a little recognition to blogs with smaller followings, and to acknowledge what they do. The rules are as follows:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself – they can be anything!
4. Nominate 11 new bloggers with 500 followers or less.
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
Here are Annie’s questions for me:
1. What got you into makeup/beauty?
I’ve always been interested in make-up and beauty, but I think the real obsession started when I became interested in higher-end products and began Googling reviews of certain products, which introduced me to beauty blogging and even more make-up!.
2. What else are you interested in?
I love history, which is my university minor. Most books I read, fact or fiction, tend to have a historical leaning. I also love fashion (of course).
3. What is your major? ( university )
Law, with history as my minor. It’s taught me that I don’t really want to be a lawyer!
4. What is on your makeup/beauty wish list?
I don’t think we have enough time for me to type out The List! But the biggies are the Hourglass Ambient Powder in Dim Light, MAC Blush in Melba and the MSF Powder in Light Plus, more Inglot eyeshadows, Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil, Clarins Doux Exfoliant and Chanel Les Beiges in No. 30.
5. Were you caught playing with your mom’s lipsticks, eye shadows and heels? Please share the story.
Oh I’m sure I was, I was forever dressing up as a child. I do remember getting some Chanel No.5 in my eye once. Whoops…
6. What are your expectations from being a beauty blogger?
To enjoy myself, really! I find it really relaxing and interesting. I’m hoping that the Irish beauty blogging scene will continue to grow, and that I can be involved in it. If I could get some paid work from it in the future, even better!
7. What was your answer to the question “What do you want to be when you grow up?”
Well I’m still not a grown-up yet (in my head), so the answer is to be a beauty writer, or to work in PR for a beauty company. That would be wonderful. When I was a kid, I hadn’t a clue. Apparently I told my grandad I wanted to be a vet. I was scared of dogs at the time but apparently that wasn’t going to stand in my way.
8. And what did you secretly wanted to become? 😉
I would love to be a supermodel. Absolutely! But I don’t really have the proportions for that, so a pipe dream it will remain!
9. Can you tell us a joke?
Why couldn’t the pilot fly the plane?
Because he was a tomato!
I’m not a funny person 😦
10. What do you have on your night stand/table?
Two books, neither of which is close to being finished, a candle holder with my name on it, a little pink jewellery box, Burt’s Bees handcream, Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm and one ibuprofen. Just one.
11. What book are you currently reading?
I’m re-reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak at the moment, as I’m pretty brain-tired these days and when I go to bed, I want something comforting and easy to read. It’s my favourite book of all time.
For the eleven facts about myself part, and the questions for my nominees, I’ll link to my previous Liebster nomination post, as it’s really hard to think of these things! I know that’s terribly lazy but I actually have to get some study done at some point today; there’s an Armenian Genocide essay just waiting to be finished…
And lastly, my nominees are… anyone who reads this post who wants to give it a go. Honestly, if you’re a blogger with fewer than 200 followers and you’re reading this post, go for it. It’s a fun little post to write and it gives you the chance to recognise the bloggers that you admire. If you take it up, by all means send me a link and I’d love to read your post. The more bloggers I can follow, the better 🙂
So get going!